Halifax Dental Group is an association of general dentists conveniently located in the Halifax Professional Centre on the corner of Robie Street and Spring Garden Road.
Halifax Dental Group is committed to helping our patients comfortably establish and maintain optimal oral health. Our dentists and hygienists take the time to educate you about your dental care. Our professional and personable staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding treatments, procedures, dental fees or about any of the up to date technology that we offer in our office. All of our staff share an ongoing commitment to education and professional development.
Dr. Stephen Creaser
Dr. Creaser obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Dalhousie University in 2006. He received a bachelor’s degree in biology from Acadia University in 2002.
On the strength of many glowing recommendations from Dalhousie Faculty of Dentistry instructors Dr. Creaser joined the Halifax Dental Centre in May of 2006. Since then he has been delivering an exceptional level of patient care at the practice, while also serving as a part-time faculty member at Dalhousie instructing first-year dental students and supervising third- and fourth-year clinical sessions. His primary focus is on TMJ, implant and comprehensive esthetic dentistry.
Outside of the office Dr. Creaser lives an active lifestyle. He is a long-standing member of the Halifax men’s ultimate frisbee team, which plays a challenging summertime tournament circuit in Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, and other northeastern cities. He is an avid amateur photographer, a novice guitar player and a beginner sailor.
Doctor of Dental Surgery, 2006
Bachelor of Science, 2002
Awards and Achievements
- St. John Dental Society Award, for proficiency in physiology (2003)
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain Outstanding Student Award for achievement in the area of TMD (2006)
- Completed the Dalhousie University Implant Elective program
- Alumni of the Dawson Centre
- Practice of complete, quality, predictable dentistry with primary concentrations in occlusion, the temporomandibular joints and comprehensive esthetic restorative dentistry.
Dr. Jonathan Logan
Dr. Jonathan Logan is a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia. He attended the University of King's College and received a Bachelor of Science in 2006. After completing his BSc, Dr. Logan was granted acceptance to Dalhousie Dental School and graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2010. Since graduation he has spent the majority of time in general practice. Aside from general practice, Dr. Logan has also spent time instructing both pre-clinical and clinical dentistry at Dalhousie Dental School. Dr. Logan thoroughly enjoys staying current with dentistry through continuing education and practices most aspects of general dentistry including clear braces with Invisalign® and same day crowns with CEREC®. Aside from dentistry Dr. Logan also enjoys hiking with his dog, skiing and surfing.
Bachelor of Science, 2006
Doctor of Dental Surgery, 2010
Invisalign Clear Essentials I
Invisalign Clear Essentials II
Crown Lengthening Concepts and Procedures
- 2010-2011 Clinical Instructor Patient Care II
- 2010-2011 Pre-Clinical Instructor Occlusion and Neuromuscular Function I
- 2010-2011 Pre-Clinical Instructor Cariology I
Dr. J Douglas MacNeil
Dr. MacNeil is a native of Sydney, Nova Scotia and a founder and senior partner of Halifax Dental Centre. He obtained his Bachelor of Science from Saint Francis Xavier University where he played hockey for the X-Men for four years. In 1994, he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Dalhousie University. Upon graduation, Dr. MacNeil accepted an Associate position in a general dental practice in Owen Sound, Ontario. After his two-year commitment, he returned to Halifax to be closer to family.
Dr. MacNeil enjoys all aspects of his dental practice with a keen interest in esthetic and implant dentistry. He prides himself on developing lasting relationships with his patients, emphasizing mutual trust and commitment to individual care. His patients and dental team appreciate Dr. MacNeil’s work ethic and professional manner.
Dr. MacNeil lives in Halifax with his wife Susan and their two children Emily and Matthew. Outside the dental practice, Dr. MacNeil enjoys: playing hockey, golfing, coaching minor hockey and baseball, is an avid reader and member of St. Benedict's Parish, as well as Saint Catherine's.
Saint Francis Xavier University
Bachelor of Science, 1990
Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1994
- 2017- Foundations in Implant Dentistry
- 2015- Biomet 3i Synergy Implant Program- Full Year Course
- 2015- Level II Cerec Mastery, Level III Cerec Advanced Posterior Quandrants and Tooth Replacement
- Current member of Nova Scotia Dental Association and Canadian Dental Association
- Past Member of Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, Ontario Dental Association, Owen Sound Dental Association
- Presenter at the International Association of Dental Material Science, Chicago, Illinois
- Alumni Dawson Centre of Advanced Dentistry, St. Petersburg, Florida (Level I and II)
- Completed Dalhousie Dentistry Restorative Implant Course
- Former part-time clinical instructor, Dalhousie Dental School
- Past Member of the Tucker Gold Study Club
- Greater New York Dental Conference
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Athlete of the Year, Sydney Academy High School
- Most Dedicated Player, Hockey X-Men
- Recipient of several Athletic Scholarships
- Past Assistant Coach, Dalhousie University, Men’s Hockey Tigers
- Participant World Pond Hockey Championship